Churches/Chapels open: Ride & Stride 2017
On the 9th September 2017 churhes, chapels and other places of worship will be getting involved in Ride & Stride and would love you to visit them.
You can search for places to visit on your chosen route by clicking on the relevant area below - for convenience we have divided Sussex in to 22 areas.:
- Arundel & Bognor (Arundel, Bognor Regis & Littlehampton)
- Chichester City and District (Chichester, Fishbourne, Lavant, Selsey & The Witterings)
- Midhurst (Fernhurst, Midhurst & South Harting)
- Petworth (Fittleworth, Graffham, Petworth & Wisborough Green)
- Westbourne (Bosham, Funtington, Southbourne & Westbourne)
- Brighton (Brighton, Rottingdean & Woodingdean)
- Cuckfield (Ardingly, Cuckfield, Haywards Heath & Staplefield)
- Crawley & East Grinstead (Crawley, East Grinstead & Forest Row)
- Horsham (Billingshurst, Horsham & Slinfold)
- Hove (Hove, Portslade, Shoreham & Southwick)
- Hurst & Burgess Hill (Burgess Hill, Henfield & Hurstpierpoint)
- Storrington (Amberley, Pulborough, Steyning & Storrington)
- Worthing (Ferring, Goring, Lancing & Worthing)
- Battle & Bexhill (Battle, Bexhill & Ninfield)
- Dallington (Burwash, Dallington, Hailsham & Heathfield)
- Eastbourne (Eastbourne, Pevensey & Willingdon)
- Hastings (Hastings, Hollington & Saint Leonards)
- Lewes (Barcombe, Lewes, Peacehaven & Ringmer)
- Rotherfield (Crowborough, Groombridge, Mayfield & Rotherfield)
- Rye (Bodiam, Northiam, Rye & Winchelsea)
- Seaford (Newhaven & Seaford)
- Uckfield (Buxted & Uckfield)
Note that the adjacent counties of Hampshire, Kent and Surrey are also taking part. You are welcome to include churches & chapels from these counties in your route. Please refer to their websites below for details of churches open in these areas.
- Hampshire & The Islands Historic Churches Trust.
- Surrey Churches Preservation Trust.
- Friends of Kent Churches.
Other useful pages to see
Discover Sussex Historic Places of Worship
See the best of our historic churches, have great fun and help us raise money to support their restoration by taking part in Ride & Stride 2017.
More about Ride & Stride»>
Over 500 historic churches helped to date
The funds raised by SHCT have so far assisted over 500 Sussex places of worship with restoration and repairs.
More about our work»
Applying for a Grant
Grants for preservation, repair, maintenance and more are available to Sussex places of public worship (all denominations).
More about Grants»